I am often asked about my Top Picks are for various subjects. Some are already included in various posts on our blog for the Classes by Classics series of posts.
Here are my personal Top 10 Classics list. This does not include the obvious, scriptures or personal core books, so don’t be offended that they are not on this list. This is a list of the classics that I would recommend that every person on the planet should read in addition to scripture and the core TJED library. They are not in any specific order. but, don’t just take my word for it, read them and let me know what you think.
Top 10 Classics:
- The 5000 Year Leap
- Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling, 10th Anniversary Edition
- Screwtape Letters: Annotated Edition, The
- The Chosen
- Jane Eyre (Penguin Classics)
- The Proper Role of Government – Pamphlet
- Little Britches: Father and I Were Ranchers – entire series
- Man’s Search for Meaning, Gift Edition
- The Ender Quartet Boxed Set: Ender’s Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind (The Ender Quintet) – series
- A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the Twenty-First Century series – include Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens, and Every Adult Who Wants to Change the world and Leadership Education: The Phases of Learning
and The Student Whisperer